A most amazing thing happened to me today: the Google app’s built-in feed pointed me to a decent blog! Worthy blogs need to be shared, so here you go: one Daniel Miessler.
Last night I finally found some time to add the one thing my whole setup was lacking since the move: backups of incoming webmentions. As explained in the linked post, I decided to use webmention.io to process incoming webmentions so I don’t have to store them on my site. It all works nicely, and I like everything so far, but if there’s one thing that I’ve learned through the years spent online, that would be “no service stays online and functional forever”.
There is a way to solve all the WiFi connection issues once and forever. Unfortunately, this is the only way. Fortunately, this way is simple and 100% reliable.
All you need to do is connect the problematic device to the router by cable.
Done a good weekend’s job: added a button to my site’s menu bar1. A single button but a lot of tweaking under the hood. Every list-page of the site (that is, the main page, posts list, list of posts for a given tag, etc.) is now available in four versions: in Russian, but including pages in English that have no Russian versions; in Russian with pages only in Russian; in English, but including pages in Russian that have no English versions; in English with pages only in English.